Inline Skate Wheels: Comparing Revision, CCM, Bauer, and Mission for Hard and Soft Surfaces
Inline skate wheels play a crucial role in the performance, grip, and durability of your skates, especially when playing inline or roller hockey. The four major brands – Revision, CCM, Bauer, and Mission – offer a variety of wheel options designed for different surfaces and skating preferences. This article will help you understand the differences between these brands and their wheel offerings for hard and soft surfaces, as well as the various sizes available.
1. Revision Inline Skate Wheels
Revision is a brand known for its high-quality inline hockey wheels. They offer wheels designed for different surfaces and skill levels, ensuring excellent performance, grip, and durability.
- Revision Variant: These wheels are available in various hardness ratings (durometers) to suit different surfaces, ranging from soft indoor surfaces to hard outdoor surfaces. They come in standard sizes, typically 72mm, 76mm, and 80mm.
2. CCM Inline Skate Wheels
CCM produces a range of inline skate wheels suitable for various surfaces, providing excellent grip and durability.
- CCM Outdoor Wheels: Designed specifically for outdoor use, these wheels feature a higher durometer rating for increased durability on hard surfaces. They are available in standard sizes such as 72mm, 76mm, and 80mm.
- CCM Indoor Wheels: For indoor surfaces, CCM offers wheels with a lower durometer rating, ensuring optimal grip and performance on smooth, soft surfaces. These wheels also come in common sizes like 72mm, 76mm, and 80mm.
3. Bauer Inline Skate Wheels
Bauer provides a selection of inline skate wheels suitable for various surfaces and skill levels, ensuring optimal grip and performance.